• History

    Into the future with tradition

  • History

    Into the future with tradition

  • History

    Into the future with tradition

  • History

    Into the future with tradition

  • History

    Into the future with tradition

2017

Completion of the largest modernisation programme to date, for the conversion to digital and centrally controlled production

2015

Integration of the fourth generation in the company: Philipp, Marlon and Magnus Menden

2013

Export share rises to 60%

2011

Relocation to new production facilities in Essen-Kettwig with a total of 19,000 m²

2010

Opening of our sales office in Strasbourg/France

2006

More than €20 million in sales for the first time

2001

Export share rises to 45%

1999

First large-scale project using blue illuminated lettering for Allianz advertising systems. Largest project in history to date, producing 11,500 letters in 5 months for LLOYDS BANK in England

1998

First e-mail contact with customers

1997

First use of red LED illuminated letters for the Sparkasse project

1996

Export share over 30% of sales for the first time

1994

Certificate for quality assurance according to ISO 9001

1993

Development and commissioning of one of the first NC machines for the production of letters by Wilfried Menden

1991

More than 200 employees

1990

Construction of the production facility in the new federal states near Berlin with 1,500 m² of production area and 38 employees

1986

Turnover increases to more than 10 million Deutsche Mark for the first time and use of the first NC controlled film plotter

1985

Purchase of a further production facility in Essen and expansion to 4,000 m² of production area

1984

Integration of the third generation into the company: Michael and Marcus Menden

1982

Expansion of export to Scandinavia

1979

First deliveries to neighbouring countries: Netherlands and Belgium

1978

Renting of another production hall to expand plastics production

1974

Acquisition of the first optically controlled laser cutting machine

1969

1969

Relocation to new production facilities in Essen with a total of 2,000 m²

1964

Einrichtung der Kunststoffproduktion zur Erweiterung des Produktportfolios

1949

New start in Essen-Kray on the part of Karl Menden and his son Wilfried Menden

1922

Company founded by Karl Menden in Düren